Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Pee-Pee Tee-Pee Would Have Been Nice

Josh and I went out a few weeks ago to explore the National Mall in DC. At the bottom of the Washington Monument, there is a small building that contains restrooms. Actually, it would be generous to call these restrooms. It is really stalls and a sink stuffed into a cubicle-sized room. I was actually surprised to see that it contained a baby changer. As I carry Dresden in with the diaper bag over the shoulder I notice two things: (1) there is no trash can within tossing distance of the baby changer; (2) there is no counter space to place a diaper/diaper bag. No worries, I think, I have changed Dresden in worse situations. As I remove the diaper I balance it on the corner of the changer. I go to place the new diaper on and the showers begin! Dresden is full on peeing! I quickly place the new diaper over him to stop the spraying everywhere and he stops going. I take the diaper off and he starts again! This goes on three more times, not to mention the close quarters, my hands are limited with the diaper bag and Dresden, and the restroom is packed full of people trying to avoid the carefully aimed spray from Dresden. When he finally finishes his clothes are soaked and he is laying in a puddle. Did I mention there were no paper towels (dang tree huggers and their hand dryers)...
Fast forward to after his baby wipe bath, the only extra outfit I had was a winter outfit. This would be great if it hadn't been 86 degrees and 70% humidity outside. Urgh!!! Live and learn I guess... Live and learn.

Before



After

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy...been there, done that. Although Blake never really aimed at anyone. You can blame Josh for that! His kid would be one to pee on people on PURPOSE!

    ReplyDelete